Michael surprised me completely on my birthday. It was August 19th, 2002. In the morning, I was awakened by Paris, Prince and Michael with Blanket in his arms. They sang a birthday song for me. It was amazing to see Blanket’s excitement as he clapped hands during the song… Magic moment.
Soon after a great breakfast, I went to my room to get changed.
– Linda, we are going to take a walk. – Michael said as he knocked on the door.
It was about ten o’clock and the day was beautiful. A typical summer day… It seemed that everything was conspiring for that day to be unforgettable.
The ranch was completely decorated. The pool was filled with birthday ballons. Neverland had become a dream! Everything was really wonderful. Only someone like Michael could have thought of something like that. I cried a lot when I saw that he had everything prepared for my birthday.
– For a long time, I didn’t know what being happy felt like, and you showed me that happiness still exists. Thank you, Michael, for all you have done and been in my life – I said, trying to fight back the tears.
– You haven’t seen nothing yet. – He replied with the cutest smile.
He put one arm over my shoulders… Thus he led me through the ranch, showing me all the decoration that had been made.
– Everything will look even more beautiful tonight – he continued, pointing to the amusement park.
I was speechless. I was just looking amazed at everything and wondering if that could really get any better.
– Linda, let’s go. You need to see some things that are inside the house.
When we entered the living room, there were dozens of gift boxes that were not there before when we left the house.
It was funny to see that at least five of those gifts were toys…
– No.. Linda, this one is mine! – he joked as I ripped the package of what looked like one of those water pistols.